Bringing dignity in the lives of our special children by working on their life skills and a vocational future is our aim. We develop different skills through joint efforts of trainers and parents. Vocational Training Center was started in 2013 in order to help the students who are not able to pursue their academics.
Asha Kiran Special Needs School is an accredited Vocational Centre of National Institute of Open Schooling (AVI No. 580041) to conduct the following courses:
Baking and Confectionery
Vocational Training is an educational and skill development program with individualised training to improve a teen or transition age student’s abilities to independently perform routine daily activities and effectively use community resources. The activities are hands-on instructional and focused on skill development.
In addition to the course curriculum, the students are also taught the following:
HEALTH: Personal hygiene, Eating and cooking healthy food, Exercise, Sexual health LIFESTYLE: Shopping, Household activities, Hobbies and Sports COMMUNITY: Public transport, Road safety, Eating at restaurant RELATIONSHIP: Social Interaction, Communication, Making friends
EMPLOYMENT & MONEY TRANSACTION: Preparing resume, Attending interview, Money concept, Workplace interaction Health and safety practices, Team work, Customer service
Pre-requisites for admission
- Age group 14-19 years.
- Should be fully trained in self-help skills.
- Each Student will be observed for 3 days to decide his/her level of admission to a suitable batch.
- Any mode of communication is accepted. (Verbal or Non-verbal)
- Adaptable to school environment
- Ready to do hands on activities of his/her choice.
- Monday – Friday
- Therapeutic Interventions are conducted within the school hours
- Extra-curricular activities are conducted after school hours.
- Regular school timings- 8:15 am to 1:15 pm
- NIOS is “Open School” to cater to the needs of a heterogeneous group of learners up to pre-degree level. It was started as a project with in-built flexibilities by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) in 1979. In 1986, the National Policy on Education suggested strengthening of Open School System for extending open learning facilities in a phased manner at secondary level all over the country as an independent system with its own curriculum and examination leading to certification
For more information of various vocational courses provided by NIOS, please click on the link http://vos.nios.ac.in/vocational/vocational_education.html